Sunday 10 February 2013

Twitter

To be completely honest I am finding it really hard to get into twitter.  I have had it for weeks now but I have yet to tweet anything and rarely check it, if ever.  I guess I feel like I don't have anything that I want to put out there for the world to see which doesn't surprise me becuase my facebook account is very much the same way.  I use it only when I need to connect with specific people for a specific purpose.  I really only went on Twitter when I was mentioned in a tweet.

Having said that I do see the potential merrits a program like this has.  It was useful when we had to create groups for a project over the weekend where we did not all have each others cell numbers to text.  We effectively made our groups in a short amount of time.  I am amazed at the amount of tweets the few people I follow have.  I cannot imagine being that active on any form of social media.  They always seemed to be posting new links to resources or interesting tools.  It makes me wonder how they have time to be finding all of this stuff or even retweeting things they felt were important from others. 

I intent to keep my account in the hopes that maybe it is just taking me longer to warm up to the idea.  Maybe when I feel I have more free time I will get more into it, have a better look around, and get tweeting myself.  

~ Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment