Tuesday 12 February 2013

Infographic

An infographic is basically a visual representation of information.  To me it is a way to present vital information quickly and effectively.  I think that it would be very valuable in the classroom.  I think that it would work very well for children who learn visually or for students that need a creative outlet.  Instead of having your students do a formal presentation about a topic, they could create an infographic to display their findings instead.  Depending on how you want to design your infographic there can be sections of text as well as video's and charts which encorporate many different learning styles.  

When researching for our group project about BYOD (bring your own device) to school, a lot of the information we were finding was presented in the form of an infographic.  I found them really engaging and a valuable way to find information fast.  I am not a visual learner and I felt engaged and enjoyed them so i think that for not only the visual learners in my class they are a great resource.

Here is the first infographic that I found that could be used in a science classroom learning about different ecosystems and the type of organisms live there. Shark's 

The next infographic that I liked was about the United States election.  It could be used in a social studies lesson studying democracy for example. Politics

My infographic was about the top five places in the world that I want to travel to in the future. Carissa's Infographic

~ Carissa


2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea :) ! I know you don't like infogr.am for the same reason as me (we discussed earlier) but apparently there is a way to resize. Tyler commented on my blog something about just clicking once and the item can be moved around. Oh well maybe next time we attempt this it'll go smoother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Infographics are cool for sure and their classroom uses are endless. They would make great projects for students to create. Very engaging and visually appealing. They are also easy to create.

    ReplyDelete