Saturday 23 February 2013

Donald and Sophia

This was my first exposure to the web based course platform Blackboard.  The main take away point from Donald and Sophia was that before you embark on teaching a web based course, it is important to look at the pedagogy first.  Before this information I would have done it backwards and started right from course site and planned from there. 

One of the concerns raised from a room full of future teachers was the fear of reducing the number of jobs available for us.  I also felt that we were working to replace ourselves.  I was relieved to hear that for each course, the teacher has that scheduled into their courseload timetable.  The benefits of using a web based course were very clear.  I think that it is a great learning tool that can open up so many different options for a number of people.  For myself I think that I would want to have some years of experience teaching face to face with my students before I attempt to teach over the internet.

~ Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment