Wednesday 29 January 2014

Classroom Website

Our next big task was to create a professional classroom website.  I decided to use Weebly and make a site geared towards my next student teaching placement.  Parts of it were hard to make or visualize because I had no real information to put due to lack of a real classroom.  I am happy with my overall product for the purpose of this assignment.  If it were a real classroom website I would want to have more student work or involvement on it somehow.  It is simple enough to navigate that almost any age could update or post reminders after some practice.  In looking for ideas on what to put on mine, I searched through a lot of other teacher's websites.  They were all a way to communicate what was going on in the classroom but they were all so different.  Seeing how they were all different made me feel more comfortable with mine.  After realizing how easy it is to make this is something that I definitely want to use in the future.  Once you have the basic site made it would not take much time to quickly update something or quickly post a reminder to parents.  

~ Carissa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carissa, congrats on finishing your website! It sounds like you put a lot of thought and work into it, I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete