Saturday 8 February 2014

Editing Photos

I am most definitely the type of person that just takes photos and prints them or puts them online just how they are.  For the most part I generally don't take as many pictures as I want to, I think of taking the picture after something has already happened unfortunately.  This was my first experience with a photo editing tool.  I used Picasa and found it very easy.  It did the few basic things that I would want to do with a picture very easily.  I also enjoyed using the Pixlr photo editing website.  It was a little bit more difficult to navigate but once you figured out how the layering worked it was fairly easy.  The finished product we produced with all of our edited photos was pretty neat to see.  It looked easy enough to complete in a short amount of time which is important for me if I were to use it in my classroom.  This would be a great way to quickly get a finished product from each student if they know that it will be turned into a final product for viewing that same day.  I thought that the using different photo editors could be a neat tool to use in relation to the English Language Arts Curriculum.  You could get students to choose their own photos or a creative commons photo and have them edit it to reflect a different mood, time period or audience.  I think students would enjoy this and be successful at it.

~ Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment